Update: V&A Waterfront retail operations resume under Level 3 Covid-19 Risk-Adjusted Strategy from 01 June 2020. The highest levels of public health safety measures have been put in place for visitors, shoppers, tenants, suppliers and all who work within the precinct.
The Management of the V&A Waterfront welcomes the government’s decision to move to Level 3 regulations which are set to go into effect on 1 June. All economic and retail activity will resume.
We note that Cape Town could be moved onto a different alert level which could differ from national restrictions based on the risk of future provincial transmission, the expected impact on a sector of continued lockdown, and the value of the sector to the economy. Until we receive an announcement to that effect, we will follow the national guidelines for Level 3.
In line with the new regulations, alcohol can notably only be sold for home consumption and under strict conditions and on specific days. Tobacco products will not be sold.
Our on-site gym, cinemas, hotels, conference venues, tourist and leisure attractions, bars and taverns remain closed. Restaurants and fast food outlets are allowed to operate in order to make food deliveries, they but will not be allowed to serve customers on-site.
As a member of the shopping centre industry and its consultative bodies which include both shopping centre owners and retailers, we have committed to implementing measures to reduce transmission risks and making provisions for the highest levels of public health safety for our visitors, shoppers, tenants, suppliers and all who work within the precinct.
- Minimum trading hours will continue to be 09h00 to 17h00 at Victoria Wharf Shopping Centre.
- The Watershed will remain closed during Level 3 of the lockdown.
- Only food delivery services will be allowed to collect food from any food outlet operating under the Level 3 regulations. Food tenants who operate will not be allowed to serve customers or take in-store orders.
- Our Information kiosks have re-opened and have resumed with selling and activation of V&A gift cards. Until further notice, the Information kiosk operating hours will be 09h00 – 17h00.
V&A Waterfront Stores
The stores which are currently trading are as follows:
In line with Level 3 regulations, the V&A Waterfront has implemented strict health protocols which will be in place across the V&A Waterfront at all times. The wearing of masks in public is mandatory and we thank the majority of our visitors who do wear their masks. We stress that anyone not doing so will not be allowed to enter our buildings.
All tenants who are operating will ensure that social distancing and hand sanitising rules are strictly observed at their stores. Working together with all of our tenants, we will continue to ensure that throughout the V&A Waterfront precinct:
- COVID-19 hygiene information will be prominently displayed, and hand sanitizer will be provided at all entrances. Tenants are advised to do the same at the entrances to their stores.
- Physical distancing measures will be strictly enforced.
- The number of people in stores at any one time must adhere to the Social Distancing and other Health Regulations.
- Tenants are encouraged to practice effective protection against the COVID-19 disease and to encourage shoppers to sanitise and wash their hands frequently.
- All tenant and V&A Waterfront staff will be briefed to be vigilant in terms of cleaning and sanitizing across all areas of the property.
- We will ensure that there is continuous supply of hand sanitiser in the restrooms.
- We will encourage heightened awareness of personal hygiene by displaying notices throughout the retail shopping areas.
- Disinfectant will be used to wipe down escalators, elevators, staircase railings etc.
- Signage will be displayed to encourage a maximum of 2 people per lift.
- Windows, door handles, doorways, handrails and communal areas will be regularly wiped down.
- We are increasing the frequency and intensity of cleaning of all commonly touched surfaces including seating, doors, handrails, elevators and elevator buttons, directories, rides as well as rental strollers and wheelchairs and are encouraging all our tenants to do the same.
- We have developed protocols for cleaning public spaces.
- Natural ventilation will be increased where possible (e.g. opening windows when weather permits) to help reduce transmission, though evidence is limited as to its effectiveness.
- We will continue to keep all parking access booms open with no charge for parking while we remain under Level 3 conditions.
All banks operating at the V&A Waterfront will be open.
ORANJEZICHT FARM MARKET
The Oranjezicht Farm Market will trade on Saturdays.